You may wish to share your athlete’s information with another parent or guardian. Do not create more than one account for your athlete or their information will not be synced between devices. Instead, you can invite new users to your existing athlete account. Once you invite them they will receive an email with information on how to set up their own account. They will have their own username and password but will be able to access your athlete’s information.
1. Go to the ”Account” tab.
2. Select “Access”.
3. Select “Invite New User”.
4. Enter in the New User’s Email. You can include a custom message.
5. Click “Send” to email.
The new user will receive instructions on setting up their account. They will create their own login information to access your athlete’s information.
If your athlete has experienced at HIT, you should take them through an Evaluation to check for any symptoms. They will be taken through a list of “danger signs” to figure out if they should be taken to the Emergency Room right away. If they are not experiencing any danger signs you can go on to check any other symptoms your athlete may be experiencing. If they have any symptoms they will be removed from play and need to see a medical provider. The app will give you a list of SportGait enabled medical providers near you.
1. Select the “Evaluate” tab, and select “Take Evaluation”.
2. Check off any danger signs that apply. If the athlete is experiencing any Danger Signs, he/she will need to be taken to the Emergency Room Immediately.
3. Select other signs that you observe the athlete to have. On the following page, select any symptoms that the athlete reports experiencing. If the athlete has any signs or symptoms, they will need to see a medical provider.
4. Select “Find a Doctor” to locate the nearest SportGait-enabled provider in your area.
If your athlete is experiencing signs or symptoms of a concussion, the athlete will automatically be listed as “Removed From Play”. You will be able to track their progress with CDC Return to Play guidelines and instructions. In addition, notes provided by the athlete’s medical provider can be pushed to your account to help keep you up to date on your athlete’s needs as they recover.
Locating a SportGait provider in your area >
< How to log a HIT
The SportGait Mobile app will help you find and connect with SportGait-enabled medical providers as well as other nearby doctors. The app will help you to find medical providers in your area. Once you find a doctor, the app will help you share health history information as well as your athlete’s SportGait ID with them. You will also be able to add doctors notes into the app for quick reference.
Finding a nearby provider
1. Go to “Doctor” tab and select “Find A Doctor”.
2. Choose from the list of nearest available Urgent Care and Medical Provider Locations. Options to Get Directions or Call the chosen location will be shown.
Sharing information with your doctor
1. Go to the “Doctor” tab.
2. Select “Share Health History”. The athlete’s SportGait information, including their SportGait ID, will be listed to show to SportGait enabled medical providers.
How to add a Doctor’s notes
1. Go to the “Doctor” tab.
2. Select “Add Doctor’s Notes”. Any notes from medical providers that are NOT SportGait enabled can be entered for quick reference within the application.