After your athlete has been removed to play you can use the SportGait Mobile App to track their recovery process. In the app, your athlete’s status will have been changed to “Removed from Play”. The app will show your athlete’s recovery progress, including a timeline and activity instructions. You can also view any doctor’s notes here.
Tracking an athlete’s recovery
1. Click “Return to Activity”. This will replace “Evaluate” once an athlete’s status changes to “Removed From Play”.
The athlete’s recovery progress, including a timeline and activity instructions, will be listed here. Doctor’s notes can also be seen here for additional reference.
2. Click “Take Level X Evaluation” to run through the symptom checker. The symptom checker follows the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Return to Learn and Return to Play guidelines. An athlete will only be moved to the next step when they have been symptom free for 24 hours.
When an athlete reaches the “Return to Learn” step, they will be instructed to get a formal evaluation from a medical provider in order to be cleared for “Return to Learn”. The same applies to when they reach the “Return to Play” step.
The “Learn” tab in SportGait Mobile has information on concussion laws listed by state, head injury facts, signs and symptoms, standard concussion protocols, and more. This way you can stay up to date on any information you may need.
Where to find the learn section in SportGait Mobile
The “Learn” tab can be found in the lower lefthand corner of the app.
Information that can be found under the Learn tab:
- Understanding concussion & symptoms
- What to do if you suspect a concussion
- What to do if you can not get to a doctor right away
- How to help your child feel better after a head injury
- CDC ‘Return to Play’ protocol
- CDC ‘Return to Learn’ protocol
- State Laws & Regulations
- Techniques to avoid head injury for various sports (coming soon)
If you have a question that isn’t answered in our learn section, tell us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your athlete has been removed from play by accident, you can reset their play status manually. A club administrator will need to approve their return to play clearance before your athlete will be allowed back on the field.
Manually clearing an athlete to play
1. Click on the athlete’s ”Removed From Play” status.
2. Choose “Reset”. This will reset the evaluation info and remove it from the history.